Business Continuity During COVID-19 - We Remain Open to Serve Our Clients
As one of the few distinct labor and employment law firms in California that has pioneered a completely paperless law practice, Boucher Law's attorney and staff are ready to assist our clients in spite of the evolving COVID-19 situation. Below is a summary of the efforts we have taken to meet our service commitment to our clients during this time:
- Although staff will not be performing work out of our Berkeley or Glendale offices, consistent with our usual business practice, our completely paperless practice and cloud-based case management platform allows us to access client files remotely and seamlessly. Our secured and cloud-based server is designed with backup redundancy to minimize any anticipated interruptions that may result due to technology interruptions. All mail sent to our main office will continue to be logged and scanned for our team to access during this time.
- Our main office lines employ a "virtual receptionist" technology, which is automatic and allows your call to be routed immediately to the assigned staff. Each "extension" is virtual and will be transferred to the home office and/or cell of our staff member, so you may continue to call our office lines for access to our staff. All voicemails left on our phone system are instantly emailed to the appropriate staff person for response. As a reminder, our Berkeley office number is (510) 838-1000 and our Glendale office number is (626) 838-1000, and both office lines are fully functional during this time.
- Our fax line utilizes e-fax technology, and any faxes sent to our office will be instantly emailed for logging and assignment to the client file for our team's review. Our firm's fax number is (510) 838-1111.
- Our firm offers teleconference technology for clients who wish to conference call in from different and multiple locations, allowing us to effectively converse with clients who have adopted internal procedures to minimize "in person" meetings with outside consultants. In compliance with various court locations that have adopted similar teleconference and/or e-filing rules, we stand ready to electronically file (either via online or fax file, depending on local court rules) and provide court appearances via teleconference for our clients to ensure pending matters proceed as planned.
- Our acclaimed California-Compliant Harassment and Abusive Conduct Training is available online to assist any employers conducting virtual employee orientations and/or in need of providing training to staff in compliance with SB 778 mandates. For clients who have scheduled in person training sessions, we offer the flexibility to reschedule at a later date until normal operations resume.
- Our team is actively working with both public and private employers to prepare for potential work closures and provide advice on issues related to COVID-19 in the workplace, and we stand ready to assist your organization in responding quickly and rapidly as the situation continues to evolve. We are experienced critical incident management professionals, and we are able to coordinate additional professional resources and services as a single point-of-contact to ensure timely delivery of critical services. Please feel free to contact our Founding Attorney, Christopher Boucher, at info@Boucher.Law if we may offer any guidance, assistance or critical incident management services to your organization.
In closing, our firm remains fully committed to our clients, especially during this difficult time with significant impact to business operations. We invite you to follow us on LinkedIn to receive any regular updates regarding our services and operations during this time. We will persevere and get through this together, and we are honored and privileged to serve the many organizations that have entrusted our team to be your HR-focused and HR-centric labor and employment law partner!